Hosptial Specialist, Hospital Division - GTA East and Eastern Ontario
Purdue Pharma Canada's is investing in our pipeline which will diversify and add multiple products to our portfolio over the coming years. Our portfolio diversification strategy is gaining momentum and the strong foundation we have built over the last 60 years in Canada, allows us to forge ahead with bold plans for the next 60 years.
You have an opportunity to play a key role in this success story as our:
Hospital Specialist - Hospital Division - GTA East and Eastern Ontario
The purpose of this position is to perform sales based processes and activities designed to create, inspire and influence change so the health and wellbeing of patients. These activities include implementing value added offerings designed to influence physician’s behaviour to safely prescribe Purdue’s products for improved outcomes in appropriate patients.
These activities are designed to improve the knowledge and skill of physicians and associated health care professionals (i.e. nurse practitioners, pharmacists) operating in key health care organizations that employ a number of health care delivery models. These models include specialized cancer support clinics, hospitals, regional health authorities and others. The Hospital Specialist will also establish relationships with local stakeholder groups to improve brand access for our products and to identify future business opportunities.
The incumbent in this position has a personal commitment to continued learning so that their skill and knowledge continually improves translating into adding value to our customers.
Results expected are the achievement of market growth targets of Purdue products which contribute to the annual goals of the company.
- Establish a strong understanding of the regional hospital nature of both the oncology market and oncology treatment;
- Create strong relationships with customers and KOLs (key opinion leaders) within the region;
- Execute the company’s marketing plan to achieve annual regional objectives;
- Keep abreast of key care gaps and treatment trends, and ensure that this information is shared with the appropriate departments;
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of various diseases, products and therapies;
- Demonstrate a spirit of support and collaboration;
- Develop and maintain a positive image of Purdue Pharma Canada in oncology and cancer support areas;
- Work with other team members and customer support groups to ensure the highest level of customer support and patient care.
- Achieve all territory business objectives including sales goals, dollar growth and market share goals by taking the necessary steps or by using the Company resources to ensure availability and usage of Company products.
- Promote Purdue products and services with medical oncologists, hematologists, pharmacists, nurses and other allied healthcare professionals.
- Provide input into the development of area business plan
- Work collaboratively with all cross functional team members to ensure optimal development and execution territory and account business plan execution and alignment on business opportunities and priorities.
- Liaise between opinion leaders, marketing, and medical teams to advance selling opportunities.
- Identify speakers as needed and liaise with Medical Education and MSL to ensure speaker development products.
- Develop and implement Medical Education plans in lines with physicians’ needs in the territory.
- Analyze and report on sales, monthly plans, call activity on a monthly basis.
- Seek and obtain clinic/hospital formulary listing for Purdue Pharma products where appropriate.
- Plan, organize and attend displays, seminars, grand rounds and conventions.
- Act as a role model for the Purdue Pharma leadership standards, values & behaviours and best commercial practices (compliance Rx&D, Code of conduct, etc.).
- Project an image of Purdue Pharma as an innovative and ethical company whose products and services respond accurately to the needs of patients and of the medical community.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Life Sciences and CCPE Accreditation Program
- 7 years of previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry or health-related industry.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience required working in a hospital selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible relationships with health care professionals; Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and territory management skills are essential
- Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Computer software literacy and access to Email/Internet & Microsoft OfficeStrong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Must live in or near major city with the territory
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.