Product Manager, Specialty Care Franchise
Pickering , Ontario
Purdue Pharma Canada's is investing in our pipeline which will diversify and add multiple products to our portfolio over the coming years. Our portfolio diversification strategy is gaining momentum and the strong foundation we have built over the last 60 years in Canada, allows us to forge ahead with bold plans for the next 60 years.
You have an opportunity to play a key role in this success story as our:
Product Manager, Specialty Care Franchise
Leads the development and execution of marketing strategies, objectives, plans, and programs for assigned products, and monitors implementation. Manages brand sales forecast and budget for marketing initiatives within scope of position. Develops appropriate communication plans. Motivates and inspires field force through brand engagement activities.
Critical to success in this role will be the incumbent’s collaborative leadership style, business acumen and innovative and critical thinking orientation, combined with his/her ability to navigate complexity and work cross functionally. Capable of building credibility and strong internal and external relationships, the Product Manager brings a proven track record of managing and transforming a high profile product.
Leads cross functional teams to align the organization to maximize growth and product contribution.
- Ensure cross functional teams are established to contribute to the brand plan development and execution.
- Utilize cross functional teams to manage key issues and brand opportunities throughout the brands lifecycle.
Develop strategic brand plans and execute with excellence resulting in corporate success, customer satisfaction and superior patient outcomes.
- Complete and oversee each phase of the Marketing Plan Development process.
- Present and oversee proposed Marketing Plans to Executives.
Oversee brand and group spends
- Ensure brand and department spends are with-in approved budget.
Develops and monitors brand sales forecasts
- 1, 5 and 10 year forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with market research to ensure appropriate assumptions are developed resulting in realistic forecasts.
Monitor marketplace trends such as Purdue product performance, competitive product activities and performance, changes in prescribing patterns, etc.; and respond with appropriate action plans, as required.
- Comprehensive Monthly Business Reports distributed within established time frames.
- Discussion/evaluation of Purdue product performance and competitive activities.
Proactively consult with outside support, consultants and agencies to ensure the continuous generation of new, innovative and creative ideas for product and process objectives.
- Encourage and promote critical evaluation of promotional programs to deliver customer value.
- Foster an environment supportive of innovation and improvement of materials and process.
Work with Sales to achieve national and regional sales strategies and plans.
- Work with Sales management to develop strategic sales objectives, plans and measures as related to brand plans and product/group goals.
- Present marketing/sales strategies through an effective plan of action (POA) with the sales force.
Ensure product(s) activities and materials comply with Innovative Medicines Canada (IMC) code of conduct, PAAB, Purdue Guidelines of Marketing & Sales Expenditures, Purdue SOP for Approval of Materials and/or other applicable self-regulating industry codes and/or provincial and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science and/or business
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in the development and execution of marketing strategy, and exposure to some elements of brand cycle strongly preferred.
- Experienced in product launch
- Working knowledge of PAAB and IMC Code of Conduct is also important.
- Well-developed strategic, creative, and analytical skills with strong experience developing and implementing robust marketing programs.
- Demonstrate a strong business acumen and comfort with ambiguity.
- A strong player coach, comfortable working at all levels of the business, builds rapport easily and leads by example. Demonstrated success leading and managing a direct team is an asset.
- Passionate, inspiring, resilient and engaging, and customer focused. Ability to developing strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Will possess outstanding communication and presentation skills, the ideal candidate writes and speaks in an organized, clear, concise and persuasive manner and is able to write effective reports / recommendations, capable of clearly articulating a value proposition or business strategy.
- Demonstrated project management and budgeting control capabilities.
- Passionate, business oriented, authentic, approachable and hands-on with strong core values that align with the Purdue culture.
- Has the drive and leadership ability to be successful within a growing and forward thinking organization.
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.