Senior Medical Science Liaison – Quebec (and the Atlantic Provinces)
Pickering , Ontario
Reports To: Director, Medical Affairs - Pain
The principal responsibility of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to act as a key conduit of information about therapeutic approaches and new research developments in the management of acute and chronic pain. The MSL serves as an in-depth scientific and medical information resource to academic and clinical healthcare professionals through face-to-face interactions within his/her assigned territory. The MSL also provides education support to internal cross-functional teams. The role maintains a high level of scientific and medical knowledge, professional credibility and ethical standards in all interactions with healthcare professionals, internal stakeholders, and other audiences in order to serve as a trusted, unbiased source of information.
Key Job Responsiblities:
- Provide current scientific/medical information related to the safe and effective use of Purdue products to KOLs, HCPs, and payers in alignment with the Medical Affairs Plan and corporate business objectives
- Identify, develop and maintain professional partnerships with KOLs by providing comprehensive scientific interactions aligned with KOL needs, the Medical Affairs Plan and corporate business strategies
- Maintain expertise and understanding of the assigned therapeutic area, Purdue products, other therapies, and trends in clinical management through a commitment to ongoing learning
- Collect medical and scientific insights from interactions with HCPs, and interpret and communicate relevant findings to external and internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific and medical support (e.g. disease area, clinical trial data, key publications) to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and support KOLs in the development of continuing health education materials and other projects
- Provide input into the identification of clinical trial investigators and participate in the implementation of post-marketing research initiatives
- Serve as a medical therapeutic lead
- Attend key national and/or regional scientific meetings and advisory boards and provide relevant insights to internal stakeholders
- Compliance Accountability - Maintain an in-depth knowledge of and ensure all activities are compliant with corporate, IMC, Health Canada and other applicable guidelines, SOPs, and regulations
- PhD (in a life-science field), PharmD or MD.
- At least 5-10 years previous experience as an MSL with medical lead responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in medical strategy
- Capable of providing medical input/direction a cross-functional/multidisciplinary team
- Proven experience managing or mentoring others
- A high level of scientific expertise with a proven ability to interpret and effectively communicate complex scientific and medical information.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision. Ability to manage multiple projects
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with healthcare professionals. Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- An understanding of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines required
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Business acumen
- A commitment to professionalism, integrity, and continuing education
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Fluently bilingual in both verbal and written communication
- Availability to travel frequently (up to 40%)
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.