Operations Supervisor (6 Month Contract)
Pickering , Ontario
Operations Supervisor – Production (Afternoon Shift)
Details: 1 Position (6 Month Contract)
Reports To: Senior Manager Manufacturing
Key Job Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Manufacturing and Quality, be a key player of the root cause investigation team to ensure deviations and customer product complaints are an integral part of our operational excellence program. This includes initiating and investigating production and packaging deviations and implementing Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) activities in alignment with timelines and stimulate an environment where these activities become learning opportunities for the team.
- Lead your team to manufacture / package quality products and meet specifications in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) through effective GMP training, SOP’s and area ownership.
- Drive positive compliance ratings and audit outcomes with all associated regulatory, customer or internal compliance bodies working to create a culture of “audit readiness” at all times.
- Effectively lead high performance work teams by promoting “Safety First” culture, increasing equipment up-time and maximizing manufacturing efficiencies.
- Engage in forming daily and weekly schedules which drives a successful Master Production Schedule (MPS), clinical trial initiatives and new product launches and that result in “right first time” outcomes.
- Motivate, train and coach your employees, working to build high performing work teams.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Health and Safety, work diligently to foster a healthy and safe work environment for all employees by ensuring appropriate training, applying approaches that minimize risk and exposure, instructing the use of personal protective equipment and implementing individual accommodation plans.
- Lead your team to drive Operational Excellence into our high performing work team culture using methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing.
Note: This candidate must have the flexibility for a 2 shift operation and rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Chemical)
- AQPIC certification (or ability to qualify for certification)
- 2 to 3 years minimum experience working at a supervisory level developing high performing, high potential talent and teams in pharmaceutical, chemical, food or cosmetic manufacturing environment with good knowledge of GMP and HPFBI and FDA standards.
- Will consider a high potential Engineer or Team Leader with demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong leadership skills including communication, problem solving, critical thinking, innovation, change management, and conflict resolution.
- Computer literate, good knowledge of MS Office and competent in the use of ERP Manufacturing software.
- Six Sigma and/or LEAN Manufacturing experience would be an asset.
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.