Senior Product Manager, ADHD
Pickering , Ontario
Posted On: September 16, 2019
Purdue Pharma Canada is investing in our pipeline which will diversify and add multiple products to our portfolio now and in the coming years. Our portfolio diversification strategy has a strong momentum. The foundation we have built over the last 60 years in Canada, allows us to forge ahead with bold plans for the next 60 years.
You have an opportunity to play a key role in this success story as our:
Senior Product Manager, ADHD
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Senior Product Manager will provide leadership for the lead growth asset within Purdue’s flagship Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) portfolio. A core component of the role includes leading a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders to successfully develop and implement brand strategies and tactics that support the achievement of short and long-term business objectives.
The Marketing team has a strongly collaborative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and is looking for someone who thrives in that type of environment
- Develops and executes strategic brand plans by ensuring alignment with all stakeholders, including Marketing, Asset Teams, and Senior Management, to ensure financial profit, customer satisfaction, and intended patient outcomes.
- Carries out the launch, effective commercialization, and end-of-life plan for new and existing brands.
- Proposes process improvements to internal cross-functional groups and works with departments to implement change that will improve marketing efficiency and product performance.
- Collaborates with Health Solutions to achieve national and regional sales targets through implementation of appropriate Plans of Action (POAs) for assigned products.
- Ensures all marketing activities and materials comply with the IMC (Innovative Medicines Canada), PAAB (Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board), and the company’s internal codes of conduct by adhering to guidelines during development, proposal, and implementation.
- Manages the maintenance of the P&L for an asset or portfolio of assets (i.e., expenses and approved budget)
- Owns and manages the financial forecasts for the brand.
- Manages the sales and operations processes to ensure appropriate supply of the asset, including ensuring proper stocking levels and avoiding stock outs.
- Works with external agencies, consultants, and industry specialists to continually grow our marketing expertise and capabilities.
- Identifies and incorporates new and innovative multichannel marketing techniques (direct consumer, public relations, online, etc.) into brand plans.
- Mentors and participates in training of Associate Product Managers and Product Managers to improve the overall acumen of the department.
- Works as a subject matter expert and uses personal expertise as well as external partners to increase overall skill and efficiency for the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Science or Business, MBA considered an asset
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Brand Management.
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical sales experience.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset with proven capabilities of implementing new approaches, breaking convention, and thinking differently.
- Ability to foster trust and respect to lead, motivate, collaborate, negotiate and influence the decision-making of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to navigate complexity and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong communication capabilities, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Superior executional capabilities.
- Sound decision making abilities.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Results driven, dedicated, outgoing and a team player.
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.