Financial Analyst (12 Month Contract)
Pickering , Ontario
Posted On: September 26, 2019
Purdue Pharma Canada is investing in our pipeline which will diversify and add multiple products to our portfolio now and in the coming years. Our portfolio diversification strategy has strong momentum. The foundation we have built over the last 60 years in Canada, allows us to forge ahead with bold plans for the next 60 years.
You have an opportunity to play a key role in this success story as our:
Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance (12 Month Contract)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance, the Financial Analyst, is responsible for financial report creation and distribution to both internal and external stakeholders. This role manages cash inflows and outflows and cash position reporting and provides audit support.
In this role the FA will be involved in the following types of activities:
- Responsible for month-end and year-end Treasury processes to enable corporate reporting and financial budgeting
- Execute weekly payment runs and relating banking activities
- Daily processing of Payee Match transactions
- Support accounts payable operations effectively; ensure efficient processing of payments.
- Liaise with vendors to resolve any payment issues; detect root cause and Co-ordinate/implement improvements
- Complete treasury reconciliations (bank, prepayment account, among others)
- Prepare and file monthly HST, QST, and PST tax returns
- Perform accounting transactional processes and financial reporting
- Support month-end business requirements and analysis
- Provide support for budget and long-term planning related duties
- Regulatory reporting and audit support
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA designation or in the process of pursuing an accounting designation
- MBA considered an asset
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to generate meaningful data analytics to support business decision making
- Minimum of three years of experience in a relevant position
- Well-developed communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- ERP experience (JDE would be an asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word & Excel
Purdue Pharma (Canada) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma (Canada) will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.