Business Development Intern
Posted On: October 04, 2019
Business Development Internship (2020)
Job Title: Intern, Business Development
Start Date: January 6th, 2020
End Date: December 31st, 2020
Job Location: Purdue Pharma Canada (575 Granite Court, Pickering, ON)
Business Development - New Growth Opportunity Assessments:
The mandate for the Business Development team is to source, analyze and execute on in-licensing or acquisition transactions for new pharmaceutical products or corporate acquisitions for the Canadian market. The current Business Development team is comprised of four individuals that bring a unique and complementary skill set to the group and is looking for a fifth team member who will be able to work as part of this highly motivated team.
The successful candidate for this position will be directly involved in project-based work that will allow them to gain exposure to the executive management team. The Associate will collaborate cross-functionally throughout the full in-licensing/acquisition process from sourcing new opportunities through to closing transactions. They will gain experience with activities ranging from financial modeling, conducting due diligence, legal contracting, negotiating and more.
Key responsibilities in the role include, but are not limited to, supporting the following:
- Screen and identify new opportunities to drive Purdue’s growth strategy
- Collect and analyze data from internal and external sources to contribute to and support project teams
- Facilitate commercial and financial assessments of new product opportunities
- Develop presentation materials for Purdue’s Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Finance, Market Access, R&D, Quality & Supply Chain
Job Requirements (Qualifications):
- Resilient and not afraid to “roll up their sleeves” and deliver what it takes to achieve success
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills – listening, oral and written
- Creativity and out of the box thinking
Purdue Pharma (Canada) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma (Canada) will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.