Packaging Mechanic (Contract)
Pickering , Ontario
Posted On: January 10, 2020
Packaging Mechanic (Contract)
Contract End Date: June 30, 2020
Duties and Responsiblities
Sets up, takes down and relocates all packaging equipment using Set-Up sheets ensuring the lines are operating efficiently to meet the packaging schedule.
Monitor packaging line performance and make required adjustments or repairs to maintain effective and efficient operation, minimizing down time.
Responsible for repairs, running adjustments, preventative and breakdown maintenance and troubleshooting
Implements improvements to improve repeatability and timing of format changeovers. Performs changeovers on packaging lines and prepare them for different product formats.
Follows GMP practices in order to ensure product quality meets the standards of Purdue, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies
Will meet with a variety of people from outside the company to work on projects for new equipment and/or replacing old equipment.
Education and certifications:
- College Diploma in Mechanical or Electromechanical Disciplines
- Millwright, Machinist, or Industrial Electrician Certification an asset
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years experience in a packaging environment
- Ability to work independently on improvement projects
- Strong mechanical and analytical skills
- Follow PM schedules and complete assigned PM’s to maintain compliance
- Correctly diagnose a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic problem and expedite its repair
- Prioritization of the workload ensuring that packaging lines operate to schedule
- Provide emergency maintenance service to the Packaging group
- Provide emergency maintenance service to Production and Plant Operations as required
- Install, assist in performing IQ/OQ qualification of packaging equipment as required
- Perform machining requirements, which include the proper use of lathes, mills, surface grinders, drill press, welding and brazing equipment and other machine shop related practices
- Analyze equipment malfunctions and selects an appropriate course of action
- Makes recommendations and implements improvements to equipment for productivity, safety, and regulatory compliance
- Conform to Good Manufacturing Practices and established regulatory bodies
- Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Accountability
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.