Packaging Operator (Contract)
Pickering , Ontario
Affiché le : 24 janvier 2020
PACKAGING OPERATOR (Contract)
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
CONTRACT END DATE: June 30th, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce finished packaged products to established specifications, while strictly adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and labour standards.
- Operate packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner, while meeting departmental objectives without work related injuries or adverse effect to health.
- Consistently monitor product quality by following cGMP, SOP’s and Master Packaging Batch Records specifications and instructions.
- Clean the equipment, perform changeovers and run packaging lines by coordinating related activities and supporting the high performance OE work team environment.
- Exercise “right first time” documentation practices on all documentation.
- Package clinical supply requirements including control of labelling and active/placebo supplies for double and triple blind studies.
- Maintain company’s high standards of safety, compliance, quality, accomplish day to day scheduling needs and support departmental objectives.
- Transfer materials, supplies, and packaged products between different work areas.
- College diploma or 1 - 2 years of team based high volume pharma or regulated manufacturing experience.
- In depth knowledge and proven compliance to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), HPFBI / FDA guidelines, SOP’s and safety practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of packaging equipment and understanding of packaging processes as it relates to solid dose, liquid and clinical packaging.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, strong mechanical aptitude and proven technical competency is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated practice of root cause and corrective actions with an ability to rectify minor equipment issues or breakdown.
- Demonstrated technical skills, knowledge and experience to identify and recommend improvements to processes and equipment on packaging lines.
- Ability to coach and mentor new hires on safe and efficient operations of packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated capability in computer skills along with familiarity with MS Office and ERP systems is required.
- Proven ability to thrive in a team based environment and work well with others.
Purdue Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Purdue Pharma will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.